Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP m7760n with vista Status : 0xc00000e9  (Read 3583 times)

akis

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    HP m7760n with vista Status : 0xc00000e9
    « on: June 20, 2011, 08:10:12 PM »
    Hi guys I need help I have a HP m7760n with vista the computer was working fine last night I got the message status: 0xc00000e9, I have tried all the suggestions from the internet that is (repair disk recover disk and all other suggestions ) but this computer just refuses to load my vista.  So I removed the 2 west digital hard drives and I installed one of the drives to my other computer and tried to format my hard drive through windows but the hard drive was kind of locked. So I thought to use Acronis True Image by wd but it did not work so I had to configure the program to allow me to clone my window 7 drive to this locked wd hard drive I did work after my modifications . so I took my clone hard drive and installed back to my HP m7760n and of course it works just fine .
    So now I said let me re install my vista program that came with my HP computer  when I inserted the recovery disk into my DVD it loaded the files and then I got the message again Status : 0xc00000e9 my question is as follow how the *censored* this computer refuses my vista program but it works fine with my clone program from my other computer can someone tell me how to fix this HP computer please
    i thank you all for trying to help me
    please note that i did read all the post on status 0xc00000e9 but no one has try to fix this problem yet

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: HP m7760n with vista Status : 0xc00000e9
    « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 12:35:12 PM »
    Are you saying that you can still use the computer even after getting the 0xc00000e9 message?

From reading you post carefully, it looks like the error is from the DVD drive in your system.

A new external DVD drive is under $50 and much less that taking the laptop to a repair shop. And the eternal DVD drive might  have usefulness beyond you present problem,. So I would suggest getting a external DVD drive. If Chou buy it locally, not on-line, you may be able to return it if it does not solve the problem.