Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Dell Printer won't print & I cannot forward Yahoo emails  (Read 2573 times)

auhri1

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    In the past i used MSConfig to solve the problem for the printer and it got it working again, unfortunately I have forgotten the steps to go thru.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I just cannot for the life of me remember the steps.  Should have written them down.

Yahoo who I have used forever all of a sudden will not let me forward emails.     Any help on these problems will be greatly appreciated as i am taking a little trip and need to print out a map.       Thank you.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wireless Dell Printer won't print & I cannot forward Yahoo emails
    « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:55:33 PM »
    Welcome!
    Computer Hope is the number one location for free computer help.
    The forum will help everyone with all computer questions.

Let's do one problem at a time.
    Did the printer work before?
    Have you changed your Wireless router password?

Without much detail, the best advice is to just install the printer software all over again. You will need to use the USB cable at some point in the install. Don't plug it in until the install program asks for it.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 11:51:42 PM »
    What OS and protection softwares are you running? Have you tried checking your Print Spooler status on component services? To check this, go to Start on Win XP, click Run and type services.msc,hit enter. For Vista and Win 7, click Start and type services.msc hit enter on the search programs and files box and look for your Print spooler status (Automatic, Manual, Disable). To toggle status/startup type, double-click Print spooler and click down arrow key to change startup type to automatic or manual and click Apply. Reboot PC and check the difference.

auhri1

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 01:24:43 PM »
      Located printer spooler and made sure was on automatic.  Still did not solve problem.   Printer still would not print. Did get my email to forward and found out that was because i did not have java script enabled.

The thing that had helped before for printer was to do the msconfig steps but can't remember what they are.

Thank you all for your help!

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 11:45:30 PM »
      Located printer spooler and made sure was on automatic
      Try disabling it and hit apply. What printer model are you using?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
        Have you checked to verify that the router IP address is the one that the printer is actually using?truenorth