Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: packard bell laptop shuted down for no reason  (Read 6610 times)

edzha90

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    packard bell laptop shuted down for no reason
    « on: June 23, 2011, 04:53:23 PM »
    Hello, I need help about laptop.
     I have Packard Bell Laptop which I bought 2 weeks ago ( http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-easynote-ts13-hr-035uk-15-6-laptop-red-09862673-pdt.html ) and today for no reason my laptop turned off.. my computer just stuck (with sound) and then I saw blue screen then restarted.. I don't know why, and these things make me sad about new laptop.. fan working interesting.. sometimes fan it's quit reedy and HDD make soungs like click,click... 1  week ago I leaved my laptop on repairing centre to check my laptop, they just said, everything is fine...but I don't think so...
    Information from "msinfo32.exe"

sorry about download link I can't find any other way to attach
    http://uploading.com/files/get/3d6427d6/
    or
    http://www.easy-share.com/1916252582/file.rar
    or
    http://www.lejup.lv/download.php?file=66cfdb5ccbf6f71bddc3e8aeccd6ebbb  (just push on "Lejupielādēt")

Thank you so much.
    Ed

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: packard bell laptop shuted down for no reason
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »
    You MUST take the laptop back to the vendor. The longer you wait, you may go beyond the warranty or refund privileges that apply in your country. The retail refund rule is not the same as the warranty of the manufacturing. The retail warranty maybe be very short, but gives you greater power to ask nor a full refund.

edzha90

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 02:02:53 AM »
      I bought laptop in UK (pcworld.co.uk) what can I say is the most unfriendly employees which I saw in my life. I brought my laptop back to pc world and you know that was hard to tell they, please check my laptop, because they don't care about purchaser(I read this in review as well).
      They checked battery life, fan (through bbc.com TV) and said everything is fine and looked at my like I am stupid and what I am doing here.. one of thing maybe they was unfriendly, perhaps my English wasn't good to tell they strong opinion

You think something is wrong with my laptop ? Sounds like I will contact with manufacture, but I don't now that will help, because I never had this problem.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      « Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 03:24:54 PM »
      The laptop  is guilty until proven innocent. 
      The fact is you just bought it and it failures under normal use. It is obvious to you that it is not working right. The bounden of proof is on the vendor, not the the new own er.  The device must perform as represented. Any deviation on new equipment is cause for refund. This retail sales rule is in both North America and the EU and UK. If you had purchased it wholesale, the rules are different.

Whether or not you are an idiot has noting to do with it. You have rights as a consumer. The longer they put you off, the less chance you have have in a court of law. You need to file an action against immediately. Tell the manage of the store you want a replacement or refund. Having an non-certified salesman tell you it is alright is not the proper response to a complaint about a consumer electronic device.  His judgement has no value in a court of law he he does not have certification.

Buying goods - your rights (uk)

edzha90

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 03:43:14 PM »
        I agree with you, tomorrow I will going to with my friend and ask for refund, hopefully everything will be fine, and I hope I don't have mistake, but Laptop fan and HDD is making me angry.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        « Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 03:46:06 PM »
        Excellent!
        Here is some information from the UK source I posted above
           24 June 2011
            England
            Consumer affairs

Buying goods - your rights

This information applies to England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland

About this information
            What are goods
            Your legal rights when you buy goods
            Your rights when things go wrong

About this information

This information applies mainly to problems with goods bought from business traders based in the United Kingdom.
        If the goods were bought from a private individual, see under heading Buying goods from a private seller.

For more information, in England and Wales, about goods bought in another European Union member state, see Buying goods and services in Europe in Consumer fact sheets.

What are goods
        Examples of goods include:

clothing, furniture, and other household goods
            food and drink
            goods supplied as part of a service, for example a reconditioned engine
            animals, for example some pets
            crops that have been harvested.

Your legal rights when you buy goods

When you buy goods (including goods supplied as part of a service), the law gives you certain rights as a consumer. The law says that the goods must:

be of satisfactory quality. This means that the goods should be free of any faults, including minor ones. They should be of the quality that a reasonable person would expect given the description, price and any other relevant circumstances. You can take into account the appearance and finish of the goods, and whether there are any defects (including minor ones). You can also take into account whether publicized information about specific features of the goods is accurate, and whether the goods are safe when used properly
            be fit for the purpose. This means that you must be able to use them for the purposes that you would normally expect from this type of product, or any purpose that you have told the seller you want to use them for
            match their description. This means that if there is a verbal or written description of the goods, it must be accurate. And if you choose goods after seeing a sample, your goods must match the sample.
        And if things go awry...
        Your rights when things go wrong

If you buy goods from a trader and they are not of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose or don't match their description, the trader will probably have to put things right. It is the trader who is responsible for this, and not the manufacturer. If a trader tells you the manufacturer is responsible, or that you have to make a claim on a manufacturers' guarantee, you do not have to accept this.

Depending on the circumstances, you may have one or more of the following rights:

to get all of your money back
            to get some of your money back
            to get the goods repaired
            to get the goods replaced
            to get compensation.

You will not have these rights if:

there is nothing wrong with the goods – you have just changed your mind about wanting them
            you examined the goods, or a sample of the goods, when you were buying them, and the fault you want to complain about was so obvious that you should have noticed it
            the trader pointed out the defect that you now want to complain about
            you have damaged the goods yourself
            the problem is the result of normal wear and tear
            the goods have lasted for as long as could reasonably be expected.

In some situations, you only have limited rights when things go wrong with your goods. These include where you have bought ...

But if it is a normal Retail store, you have full rights.

Here is why members of this forum should not help you fix it.
        You will not be able to get a full refund if you have:

continued to use the goods after you realized something was wrong
            tried to repair the goods in any way
            kept the goods for too long without telling the trader there is something wrong with them, or noticing the fault.
        Know you rights as a consumer!
        It does not matter if your are an idiot.
        Consumers can be idiots just like anybody else.

edzha90

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 03:59:06 PM »
          I will print out this.. maybe I can print something more what else you can suggest ?
          I know they will check one more time laptop and will say nothing wrong everything is fine ,  because my Laptop is getting crash and frozen after 3 hours..
          and that's sounds like for they 'not me' (You will not have these rights if: there is nothing wrong with the goods – you have just changed your mind about wanting them)
          but I will not give up.. what can you say about attached file, maybe you can see problem about no reason restarting ?)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
          • Geek After Dark
            • Gekk9pm bnlog
          « Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 04:25:56 PM »
          I was not able to get your attachment.
          If you gave seen the laptop failure more that once after just doing very little for3 hours, that is reason enough. The maker of the laptop says that it will work in normal indoor environment. The vendor has to support this claim and can not modify it.