Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: scroll wheel  (Read 2376 times)

jjcat

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    scroll wheel
    « on: July 23, 2011, 05:59:34 PM »
    Very new to computers so even the basics elude me.My problem is that when I wiped down my laptop I must have hit something that disabled my touch pads scroll feature.Can somebody please tell me how to get it back..thanks

truenorth

Guru

Re: scroll wheel
      « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 07:10:39 PM »
      Make and model of laptop please? truenorth
      P.S. Why is your post indicating solved? Is it fixed?

jjcat

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »
        yes it is..just restarted..will never get a grip on this..thanks for your time. its a Toshiba l65-5150.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 09:17:20 AM »
          Your postings are somewhat confusing so let us see if we can understand it in order to assist you. In your 1st post you indicated that your scroll function on the touch pad was no longer functioning after what you believe was caused by your cleaning (wiped down) your computer. You concluded that probably you had inadvertently touched a key that altered the functioning of the scroll function (sounds like a plausible conclusion). Then you indicated by selecting problem solved on that very post that it was no longer a problem. I asked if the "solved" was in fact true. You said "yes" then said "just restarted". So IF it was solved how did it get solved and more importantly why is it back? What have you been doing so far since the cleaning that is causing these fluctuations in performance?Have you gone into "device manager " and sought to see if your touch-pad is disabled? If not then try this " you can right click My Computer, select properties, then Hardware and select Device Manager. Make sure that under hardware your touch pad is listed. If its not, its probably under unknown devices, in which case you will have to install or reinstall the driver. The driver is found on the Toshiba website under support." Please take the time to answer my questions above. truenorth

soybean

Genius
          • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 09:56:02 AM »
          truenorth, his problem resolved itself when he restarted his laptop.  No need to pursue this further, is there?  I have the impression the OP does not care to discuss it further.   

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 12:02:14 PM »
            soybean --Ah Ha ! I had NOT interpreted the ".just restarted" as being that he just restarted the computer. I guess i would have thought that would have been so elemental that that would have been tried as a solution before the O/P posted the help request. So when he used the term" just restarted" i assumed that the problem had restarted. Hence my further post. Thank you for what is likely the REAL situation. I will sleep much more soundly tonight not worrying anymore about it. ;D truenorth