Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell Inspiron 1525 Wireless Driver  (Read 27130 times)

Matinmanesh

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Dell Inspiron 1525 Wireless Driver
    « on: August 03, 2011, 11:57:58 PM »
    Hello everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 which is unable to connect to wireless networks. I installed the wireless driver (using driver CD) but it didn't work. I also downloaded its driver for windows XP from Dell website but it didn't work too. It is unable to find any wireless network. could you please help me how to fix it. My operating system is windows XP.

Thanks

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 Wireless Driver
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:19:24 AM »
    Did you turned on the wireless switch for the laptop to start detecting wireless network? Look on the right-side panel beside the USB port connectors.

Matinmanesh

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 02:27:22 AM »
      Hi Jason. Thanks for the answer.
      Yes the wireless switch is on. It shouldn't be that simple.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 11:26:36 PM »
      I installed the wireless driver (using driver CD) but it didn't work
      Did Win Xp came with the Dell Inspiron or Vista? Can you provide the link where you got your wireless card driver? Moving forward, are there still yellow or red marks under device manager specifically the network adapter? The manual I saw mentioned about a recovery partition(not recovery disc) in Win Vista. Please look also under BIOS settings for any network information for enabling/disabling your network devices.

Edit : When turning on wireless network, does it post any message why it could not connect? Assuming you had able to install the correct driver.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 05:34:54 PM »
      That one is not on the list I provided.
      I think this is the one but can't be sure without knowing the exact hardware.
      http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R159896&SystemID=INS_PNT_PM_1525&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=15329&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=20&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=213879
      If you enter your Service Tag at the Dell site, it will tell you exactly what Wifi card you laptop has.