Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sizing images in photoshop.  (Read 2310 times)

Aprilldr

sizing images in photoshop.
« on: August 13, 2011, 08:19:55 AM »
I have a large picture approx 32 x 24 inches (can't recall exact measurements ) I want to make a smaller print of the "entire" image say an 11 x 14 or an 8 x 10... how can i do this in photoshop... when i go to do this 11 x 14 ... it cuts off a good portion of the image ... how can i get the entire image but a smaller version.... thanks if anyone can help !! ???

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: sizing images in photoshop.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 08:54:53 AM »
I don't have photoshop, so I can't tell you how to use it.  If someone else doesn't provide an answer, we can discuss using a freeware photo editor for this.  Or, if you want to go ahead and try a freeware program now, reply here and we'll proceed.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 10:04:21 AM »
Probably depends on your version of Photoshop.  In CS5 - Go to File-->Print.  In the Print dialogue box, tick the "Scale to fit media" box.  That should be all you need to do.  Click Print.

Alternatively, load up Irfanview - Irfanview can easily resize to print, again via the print dialogue box.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 12:38:03 PM »
You can also use File>Save for Web & Devices and type in the size you want on the bottom right of the dialog that pops up.