Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with outlook 2003 signature  (Read 3705 times)

Trilogy

Problem with outlook 2003 signature
« on: August 31, 2005, 12:48:24 AM »
Hi ,

I have my signature as a BMP file and i want to insert it as text into the body of the email. This is required for all my banking transactions where a signature is needed on the email itself and on the body of the email as opposed to being an attached file.

Every time i go to do it the body of the email says "signature.bmp" which is offcourse the filename but it doesn't mean anything. I can offcourse attach it as BMP file but then it is a separate attachment as a signature only. The banks will not accept this.

i tried to do it under the signature provision but it states that i am unable to do it because i don't have "ActiveX" settings activated in outlook 2003

I don't know whether it will work anyhow because the signature block is a BMP file and it could very well go into the body of the email when settings are changed just simply as signature.bmp and no signature being the actual signature in the body of the email

i was able to do this with Outlook 2000 easily but not with Outlook 2003!!!

Any help/Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks