Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Update will not work - error message 80070422  (Read 3548 times)

Clifford

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Windows Update will not work - error message 80070422
    « on: August 22, 2011, 06:32:55 AM »
    Hello, I have a Compaq Presario C500 Laptop with Vista Home edition installed (Intel Celeron M CPU 1.86 GHz/1.50 GB Ram/Vista SP 2.  I've had my Windows update set to automatically download and install any updates.  However I've recently had this error message occur that states "Errors found - Code 80070422.  Windows update encountered an unknown error."  I've tried the "Get Help With This Error" link but it's very confusing.  I've also run my antivirus (microsoft security essentials)/Superantispyware/Malwarebytes to make sure I don't have any virus' and haven't found anything.  Can somebody help me?  Thanks.

Mulreay

Egghead
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Space and Science
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Windows Update will not work - error message 80070422
    « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:40:13 AM »
    It sounds like you have a virus I'm sorry to say..

Please re-post and add a new topic in http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html

And add all your information inc system specs and what you have done. We have a team of people to help you.
    For when the One Great Scorer comes
    To write against your name,
    He marks - not that you won or lost,
    But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows Update will not work - error message 80070422
    « Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 06:34:25 PM »
    Windows Update error[ 80070422 <- This link is a documentation from Microsoft.