Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: had to reformat  (Read 3139 times)

the celt2

had to reformat
« on: September 01, 2005, 10:44:33 AM »
Hi , I'm new here and I hope somebody out there can give me a little assistance. Over the last couple of months I've been having alot of really annoying problems with my pc. I finally just decided to reformat mhd and start over with a clean slate. I managed to back up all my important stuff so no worries there. But I need an ID number to reinstall my MS word program. It came bundled with my old gateway pc, and I have no idea where, or even if I ever got that number. Also does any one out there know if I can download the Gateway Go Back software any where? Thanks  for any help.    

Raptor

Re: had to reformat
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 11:09:31 AM »
The number may now be lost. It was most likely an OEM number. Try contacting Gateway or look at your recovery disks, if any.

Is it not stickered on the side of your PC or written down in any of the documentation?

Mac

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 11:11:40 AM »
Do you remember getting a small booklet with the number on it?

Otherwise I can recommend Open Office but you'll need IE Spell and OE Spell if you need spell checking for Outlook Express and Internet Explorer.

Then there is Audacity sound recorder, Xine DVD player, Foxit .pdf Reader and DeepBurner CD burner, all open source freeware.

Mac

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 11:14:48 AM »
Try this page for the search Rap... http://www.computerhope.com/oh.htm

R0SS

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 11:26:46 AM »
If you dont have the number and you DONT want to use open office ( i dont like it)

Try using LimeWire or Warez or even seach google for a Serial number for MS word.

I know its total Illegal but you did buy the software!

::)MR X ::)

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 03:24:29 PM »
I know its total Illegal but you did buy the software!

Not unless you have a license.