Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IIS Connectivity Issue  (Read 2440 times)

et_phonehome_2

Topic Starter

Beginner

IIS Connectivity Issue
    « on: September 13, 2011, 04:04:50 PM »
    I have a server running IIS6 whereby some users can connect while others cannot.  Those users who cannot connect can ping the URL, and can perform a tracert so that is not the issue.  Eg., the URL is my.company.com, they can connect to my.company.com/test, but when try something like my.company.com/test/us/xxx/yyy it just timeout [like I said some users have no issues].

Can someone recommend a way I can troubleshoot this strange issue, and also, how do I tell someone is hitting the URL whether it fails or not?  They do not receive any http error code, just receive a "The connection has timed out" on both IE and Firefox.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: IIS Connectivity Issue
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 05:42:56 AM »
    Have you tried looking in the IIS access logs?  Are you using any kind of hardware/software firewall or application gateway?
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

et_phonehome_2

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: IIS Connectivity Issue
      « Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 12:43:48 PM »
      Issue has been resolved.  The problem was that some desktops had an old proxy server coded in their hosts file which was no longer being maintained. Used ieHTTPheaders to fine this out....