Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HDD allocated after upgrading to Windos 7  (Read 2769 times)

Juancho19

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    HDD allocated after upgrading to Windos 7
    « on: September 25, 2011, 05:57:01 PM »
    Hi there, I recently installed Win 7 on my PC. I used to have XP. I have a HDD IDE, the one is running Win7. I also I have a 2TB sata drive that I use as a slave. Before I installed Win 7. The Sata drive was working fine until I upgraded to Win 7. Now my HDD does no show on MY Computer screen. I have all my important information in that Hard Drive. When I go to the disk manager, it shows the drive, but it says unallocated. What can I do, how can I retrieve all the information. I have in the HDD. I do not want to lose all my data. Thanks!!

[regaining space - attachment deleted by admin]

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: HDD allocated after upgrading to Windos 7
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 08:45:27 PM »
    As a rule of thumb, I always unplug all unnecessary drives while installing an Operating System to avoid messing up.
    1) Before we make any unnecessary modifications to the drive, could you slave that drive to another computer to see if your data is retrievable?
    2) Did you accidentally format the partition?
    3) You could try http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/Testdisk to recover partitions from a corrupted partition table.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Juancho19

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 08:52:09 PM »
      I did not format the drive.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 09:06:03 PM »
      Okay, then have you tried the other options I listed above?
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
      Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none