Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: acer one netbook with windows 7 starter cant boot to welcome screen  (Read 5549 times)

starie

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    when i turn it on it goes to a screen that says boot normally or start diagonistics i tried both and nothing happens it just goes to the welcom screen but it doesnt say welcome its just the background and the diagonistics doesnt say anything. what do i do? It has no cd drive as well

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: acer one netbook with windows 7 starter cant boot to welcome screen
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 12:04:38 AM »
    Can you boot to your BIOS menu setup? Its either F2 or Del key on first boot-up of your computer or look on the POST screen for the right key. Then try loading default settings usually found on the bottom of your screen. Make sure to save and exit.

starie

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 06:51:17 PM »
      I tried that to and nothing can i get to the command prompt and try something from there? This is my friends laptop and dont know much about it.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 08:50:29 PM »
      If the laptop just doesn't boot to Windows, can you get into the recovery partition? If it would be possible to take the hard drive out, plug it into another working PC, save all of your data, that would be great.
      http://www.geekpolice.net/t7449-acer-system-recovery-partition-hotkey-instructions-erecovery
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
      Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 01:45:59 AM »
      screen that says boot normally or start diagonistics
      Are you booting to Advance Boot Menu(pressing F8) or does it take you directly on startup?

michelsmith

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 06:54:58 AM »
        Hi,

You many face boot hang problems during the boot up of Windows 7 operating system.

Hanging means booting cannot be processed after starting the boot process.

Slow boot problem indicates that it takes a long time to complete the boot process; from starting till the end.

Virus or malware infection is the main reason for the boot process hanging.

If your PC contains many startup processes, you may face slow system boot up.

Also limited RAM space could result in the slow boot process.

starie

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 07:40:30 PM »
          When the black screen shows up it only gives you the option of running the diaganostics test or start normally thats it i dont press anything when i turn it on it just goes to that screen.

bobsklarservices

Beginner

• Time is of the essence.
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
            I know it is not exactly a super high-tech fix, try pressing F2 rapidly as soon as you press the power button to turn it on, you may be able to access BIOS through that method. Failing that, try F8 for Windows 7 Boot options.
            Work to be all you can be. You define your limits!

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 12:16:11 PM »
            I know it is not exactly a super high-tech fix, try pressing F2 rapidly as soon as you press the power button to turn it on, you may be able to access BIOS through that method. Failing that, try F8 for Windows 7 Boot options.

It's not a BIOS issue...
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "