Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: error message 'device is not available or is in use by another application'  (Read 7272 times)

leejoyful

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
     I was wondering if you could help me out. I used arcsoft total media 3.5 with XP with little problem. I now have an acer aspire with wndows 7. I keep getting the error message ‘device is not available or is in use by another application’. I disabled all services & enabled them one by one to find that the ‘power’ service is the problem. If it is disabled then the video flows great but the computer sound is off so I have no audio (nor internet). I can not seem to turn on audio without the ‘power’ in system configuration enabled but then I have no cable. Is there a way to do that? Or what if I partition the hard drive (something I’ve never tried) & install another XP or linux will that free up the driver?
    No one seems to have an answer.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    I used arcsoft total media 3.5 with XP with little problem.
    Perhaps the program is not compatible with Windows 7 and you have to re install it with a compatibility mode.

From Google:
    Make older programs run in this version of ... - Windows - Microsoft
    windows.microsoft.com/.../windows.../Make-older-programs-run-in-t...
    Compatibility mode. Runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) .

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

leejoyful

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Correction: the internet icon is gone.
      I already tried compatibility still only runs without audio. I'm reading closed caption & missing the crowd noise during the games. ::)