Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: screen Acer Aspire 5920g  (Read 2571 times)

gia003

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    screen Acer Aspire 5920g
    « on: October 13, 2011, 04:41:42 AM »
    Hi everyone,
    I have an Acer Aspire 5920g.

2 questions:
    The screen is broken, as in, externally is fine, but inside something broke and I have a big black stain on 1/3 of the screen.

Qs1: Can it be repaired or do I need to buy a new screen? What price am I looking at to buy or repair? Will reparations be 100% good or is there a chance they won't  .... in which case better off buying a new pc.

Q2: It has Vista, which I don't want! Will it run well with both W7 and XP ? Would you reccomend one of these two?
    I'll use this pc fo general stuff like skipe, chorome, office, itunes, VLC,  and to play WOW... of course! xD

Thanks,
    G.

TheShadow

Hopeful

• Retiree in Florida
      • Yes
      • The Doctor
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: screen Acer Aspire 5920g
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 12:24:57 PM »
    If you go to a professional, to get a new screen, it could cost you $200+ easily.
    Doing the repair yourself, after you find and purchase a replacement screen, unless you've got some technical expertise, you could wind up with an expensive paper weight.

Have you tried it with an external monitor?  That would be the cheapest way out, if you use the little PC at home.

Just a thought.

I have a Compaq laptop with a dead keyboard, but the little PC still runs great with an external keyboard, so that's the way I run it.  I don't throw anything away, if it has an ounce of use left in it.

Good Luck,
     8)
    Experience is truly the best teacher.
    Backup! Backup! Backup!  Ghost Rocks!

gia003

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: screen Acer Aspire 5920g
      « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 04:47:50 AM »
      Hey,
      thanks for reply and idea, which does make sense.
      Unfortunately due to my lifestyle (travelling a lot) it has to be a lap top...
      Thanks again for replying.
      Ps. looks like will cost me about 140 €, so about 200 dollars, you were right.