Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Display Problem  (Read 2610 times)

sacredfear

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer Display Problem
    « on: October 15, 2011, 10:31:39 PM »
    Hi Guys,

My computer is running on Radeon HD 4650 1 gig video card connected via DVI to DVI to my Samsung 23 inch LED monitor.

Lately, the display would show white dots on black backgrounds and sometimes whenever I encounter dropdown the selections would go black with white dots.

The worst so far was when the whole web page turned black with some distorted images.

I'm not that techie so I need your help guys. What seems to be the problem and and how can I fix it?

Looking forward to your answers and thank you in advance.

[regaining space - attachment deleted by admin]

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Computer Display Problem
    « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 11:08:39 PM »
    Did it work before this problem? What model/brand is the computer you are using? Have you tried reinstalling or updating your current graphics driver and check for any dust build up from the adapter itself?

sacredfear

Topic Starter

Re: Computer Display Problem
      « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 02:42:57 AM »
      Hi jason2074,

How can I update my current graphics driver? My computer is just a month old and the problem began when I switched from VGA to VGA conection to DVI to DVI. I have configure the AMD Catalyst Control Center but still I can't fix the problem.

Any setting you can recommend?