Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't find a way to get rid of the sticky note messages  (Read 3719 times)

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Can't find a way to get rid of the sticky note messages
    « on: October 18, 2011, 09:10:42 AM »
    Everytime I go on my toolbar to open a sticky note (typing in sticky) I see this as my search results:

Programs (1)------------
    Sticky Notes

Sticky Notes (Windows Sticky Notes) (2)-----------
    On Monday buy NHL 12
    Reminder for pants

I want to delete these 2 messages stuck on my taskbar, but right clicking it doesn't work because it doesn't have a delete button on it, some site suggested to uninstall sticky notes but it's not even on my control panel for some reason so I can't uninstall it. I would really appreciate the help.
    « Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:25:07 AM by thehandyman »

JJ 3000

Egghead
    Re: Can't find a way to get rid of the sticky note messages
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 09:15:20 AM »
    Cant you click the X in the upper right corner?

Have you tried Ctrl+D?
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 09:19:02 AM »
      I have no problem opening and closing a sticky note, but the messages that I typed in those 2 sticky notes in the past are stuck on my search results on my windows toolbar, and I can't seem to get rid of those messages.

Edit: sorry I don't mean toolbar I meant start menu
      « Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:30:17 AM by thehandyman »

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »
        I added a picture incase you're confused.

whenever I click on either of the messages, it brings me to a empty sticker

immental1200

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 04:32:33 PM »
        I added a picture incase you're confused.

whenever I click on either of the messages, it brings me to a empty sticker

Click the X on the top-right of the empty sticker, if it is still happening, run ccleaner. Something is stuck somewhere, as they show up when I press them on my laptop...

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 05:11:55 PM »
        Something is stuck somewhere, as they show up when I press them on my laptop...

Hence ...the name...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

thehandyman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 10:22:12 PM »
          Click the X on the top-right of the empty sticker, if it is still happening, run ccleaner. Something is stuck somewhere, as they show up when I press them on my laptop...
          I deleted those 2 sticky notes using the method you suggest by clicking the X on the top-right of the sticker, and successfully. But the messages are still found on my start menu's "Run" search by typing in sticky, just those 2 ones.  I tested by typing in more stickies and deleting them, and they did not glitch. Just those 2 sticky notes I deleted in the past are stuck on my start menu. I even downloaded and ran ccleaner as you suggested but nothing changed. I'm really at a loss of what to do. I'd really rather not reformat my computer though haha.

immental1200

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 08:13:10 AM »
          Hence ...the name...

Very funny patio ...

I deleted those 2 sticky notes using the method you suggest by clicking the X on the top-right of the sticker, and successfully. But the messages are still found on my start menu's "Run" search by typing in sticky, just those 2 ones.  I tested by typing in more stickies and deleting them, and they did not glitch. Just those 2 sticky notes I deleted in the past are stuck on my start menu. I even downloaded and ran ccleaner as you suggested but nothing changed. I'm really at a loss of what to do. I'd really rather not reformat my computer though haha.

I have no idea what is happening then ... I have tested this on three computers, and they all disappear from the start menu when you delete them from the sticky notes program. Can you right-click on them in the start menu and choose delete ?