Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: something's wrong with my keyboard/laptop  (Read 3468 times)

sammee

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    something's wrong with my keyboard/laptop
    « on: October 31, 2011, 01:56:33 AM »
    at random times today, my keyboard/laptop has been playing up. the functions of the keys have gone weird.. some of them include: when i press escape it switches between two windows, i can't type anything, double clicking on an icon on my desktop opens up the program's properties, pressing enter full-screens some programs.. and probably others i don't know about.

the only way i have been able to fix this temporarily is to restart my laptop. but the thing is it starts to happen again a few minutes after turning on my computer again. i really can't stand having to keep restarting it! have i been accidentally making it go like this without knowing? or is there actually something wrong with my keyboard?

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: something's wrong with my keyboard/laptop
    « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:13:08 AM »
    The first thing that pops to mind is water damage/a drop-but seeing as rebooting does momentarily solve the problem, it might well be a virus. Before we go into virus scanning, can you plug in a USB keyboard and see if the problem persists?
    Windows already has the drivers installed for keyboards and mice, so drivers shouldn't be the problem.
    Can you think of anything that might have caused this problem?
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: something's wrong with my keyboard/laptop
    « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 05:30:53 AM »
    What happens in safe mode?