Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file, you may not have permis  (Read 4273 times)

TeeTee

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • Experience: Beginner
    Bought a new computor a Asus notebook with no CD player, at first it worked fine, I let me niece use it and the next time I went to use it the thing kept redirecting me to weird websites. I figured it was a virus and the Norton it came with was exspired. It kept saying the Generic Server win32 had to close. I came on here and tried to download some antivirus's like Trend Mircro-Combo Fix and even AVG but it kept saying I didnt have permission or the thing would just shut down after 45 min's of downloading. I finialy downloaded a trial version of Panda 2012. then the computor would not respond to my attempts to access the Internet, it would open then shut down, I kept it open long enough to download Mozilla as I read on some of the post's on here to use that browser. Now it says everytime I try to open IE or Mozilla that Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. I read more post's on here and started in safe mode under administrator and still I cant get on any web browser or nothing, I tried to restore but it wont let me, I tried to start in last known good configuration but it wont do anything. I tried to reset default settings and browser but it keeps changing back to the ones it changes to. I am using another Asus to send this message to you for help, the one that is messing up has message's from Panda that said someone on a Mac was trying to access my computer but it gave the the option to block them and I did, it then said it had found hacking tools and deleted them and every few seconds it is deleteing virus's on Panda. It runs on window's xp. I'm very new to compoters so please be gentle :}.....Please be patient I dont know much about this. If you can help please do... |V| :|| :||x OOHHHH I bought this at a used and restored outlet with no warranty...OPPPP's

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

TeeTee

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
      How do I download CCcleaner if I cant access the internet I dont have a CD player either, I have a Asus Notebook? I cant download anything because I cant access the internet at all???

TeeTee

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
        How do I download CCcleaner or anyother program if I cant use my Internet Explorer or Mozilla, I'm sending this responce from a different computer and not the one with the Malware?

Doug

Intermediate

If you start a thread in the malware section someone will probably help you with that and the other issues.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        How do I download CCcleaner or anyother program if I cant use my Internet Explorer or Mozilla, I'm sending this responce from a different computer and not the one with the Malware?

You are on the web posting this message...use that machine to DLoad all the apps recommended at the Virus removal site and put them on a USB stik to transfer and install them to the sick PC...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

TeeTee

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
          Thank You for your help, I think one of the anti-virus programs I downloaded found a virus in my Internet and instead of disinfecting it the program deleted parts of my Internet completely so since I dont have a CD on my note book I guess I need to get an external CD player to download the Internet componets that were deleted, how do I find which componets are missing and can I reienstall them from a stick ???

Computer_Commando

Hacker
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Expert
          ...the program deleted parts of my Internet..
          This statement makes no sense at all.  There is no "Internet" on your computer or any other computer.
          You need to read the what other posters have recommended.
          i.e. , "If you start a thread in the malware section someone will probably help you with that and the other issues."
          and
          You are on the web posting this message...use that machine to DLoad all the apps recommended at the Virus removal site and put them on a USB stik to transfer and install them to the sick PC...
          http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html
          Once there make sure you read:  "Read this before requesting malware removal help"