Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please Help Me Im Freaking Out!  (Read 3323 times)

Shreddian

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Please Help Me Im Freaking Out!
    « on: November 16, 2011, 02:43:14 AM »
    Hello, Yesterday i started IE9 and got this http://aijaa.com/v.php?i=001939064907.jpg I get same site with safari,google chrome,ie. Firefox and Opera works normally. So what is that if i go facebook i see facebook url but theres always that same site overview what is that help me solve it!
    « Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:56:13 AM by Shreddian »

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Please Help Me Im Freaking Out!
    « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 06:37:54 AM »
    To solve the redirection problem first you may want to use Google DNS; your DNS entries may be poisoned.
    http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/
    After you follow the instructions above, flush your DNS cache:
    For Mac OS X:
    Go to Terminal and type:
    *10.6 and later: dscacheutil -flushcache
    10.5.2 - 10.5.8: dscacheutil -flushcache10.5.1 and earlier: lookupd -flushcache

For Windows:
    Go to Command Prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns

If facebook.com is redirecting to that suspicious page... you may have a virus.
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?board=7.0
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Shreddian

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 07:29:16 AM »
      Hello! thanks for advices but i operate windows vista 32-bit and flushing through cmd didn't help and just want to say that any site i access with safari,google chrome,internet explorer i get that same site if i www.computerhope.com with ie i will end to that page directly! ;( virus scans done and removed all no help :/

Lillian1960

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 11:47:45 AM »
        I am having exactly the same problem. It started November 22, 2011.  Not the same web page as you, but same symptoms.  No matter which search engine I use, the same screen shot loads, even when the url says different sites (i.e. msn.com, facebook.com, etc.) 

Does anyone know if this is a new virus?  My Kapersky isn't finding any viruses.  I'll try the above instructions and see if they work.

Lillian1960

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 10:01:11 AM »
           ;D  YAH!!! 

Nothing was working, so I decided to do a System Restore back to a restore point from before this problem started.  Mine started on Monday 11/21 actually, so I was looking for a restore point from the 18th and back. Well, I discovered that on 11/18 (at shutdown) my computer dowloaded a Windows Update (critical update), which I wouldn't have noticed the effects of until powering on on Monday the 21st.   So I restored back to the restore point on 11/17.  Lo and behold, the computer is working fine now.

Dont know what was on that Windows Update, but you should look for an Update that downloaded to your computer around the time your problems started, and either uninstall it, or do a system restore, and see if either of those work for you.

Good Luck.

Lillian