Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computers bizarre behavior  (Read 2856 times)

tinkestra

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Computers bizarre behavior
    « on: November 25, 2011, 12:16:50 PM »
    Hi all, I am posting as I am not to sure where I should post it.
    I have a Hp pavillion a6402 uk. I had it a few months and have had a few probs with it I dont clearly understand.
    I periodically suffer with the blue screen of death and these range from hard wear / driver or serious error. Now the only way I seem to sure my problem is by reinstalling vista, which I have done a few times, it somes rums perfect but most messes up with in days/weeks, but the odd thing is my pc runs perfect with no probs on windows xp,, which I am more than happy to continue to use but I have a prob there are no drivers for some of my stuff, like ethernet/audio/video although pc runs ok. My pc was built soley for vista..
    have had some one look at it and they were a paid engineer and they could not figure out what was wrong

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computers bizarre behavior
    « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 12:19:18 PM »
    If there are missing drivers for Vista then it wasn't built for Vista...
    More details...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

william54321

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Computers bizarre behavior
      « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 08:01:08 AM »
      Try to reinstall Windows Vista

Have you gone on the internet onto a site you have never have been on before
      When you boot up is there a recovery thing that says F11
      Did you install any software when you got your computer

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 12:37:15 PM »
      Ignore the above post

exfinnsailor

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 12:34:07 PM »
      Google your computer name and have a look at the specification. I just did it. You will notice that it is a VISTA computer. You should be able to run Windows XP but you will have to do a little digging. First off is to find what type of video driver is required yours is a Realtek ALC662. Head to the Realtek site and download a Windows XP driver for this to your hard drive. Now right click on my computer and goto system properties - device manager that shows you the divers ( Sorry use a MAC at home so no reference doing it from memory ) Goto the Video section and if you see a ! in a yellow triangle the driver is no good so reinstall the driver using the one you have just downloaded.

Next you do the same with the network which again is RealTek

Hope that helps

PS. Have a look here http://www.mysuperpc.com/vcu/computer_before_upgrade.shtml
      « Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:45:34 PM by exfinnsailor »