Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Won't boot up. Starts but goes to a blank screen with blinking curser?  (Read 3167 times)

themeist

Hi.  I have a hp G62-225NR Notebook running windows 7.  I was browsing the internet as usual when the computer suddenly shut off and restarted itself, then not too long after it restarted itself it shut off again accept this time it only came to a blank screen with the blinking curser at the top.  I've tried troubleshooting online and I went to the BIO and restored default setup and did the hard drive and memory test which both passed.  I can't get to safe mode, or don't know properly how, and when I hit f11 for system recovery it just goes back to the blank screen with the blinking curser.  The computer was working just fine, it seems like there must be a fix for this.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Won't boot up. Starts but goes to a blank screen with blinking curser?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »
For safemode you need to repeatedly tap F8 before the Win splash screen...one tap won't do it...
Let us know.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

crunyon4

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 07:49:03 PM »
Mine is doing the exact same thing. Repeatively hitting F8 is doing nothing.

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 04:04:12 AM »
Mine is doing the exact same thing. Repeatively hitting F8 is doing nothing.

You need to start a new thread of your own - it's considered bad taste to hijack another thread.
Evil is an exact science.