Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Only some users can use IE??  (Read 3316 times)

Dodie2112

Only some users can use IE??
« on: December 18, 2011, 07:47:32 PM »
I have Windows7 running IE9 I have 3 users on my computer but when one user tries to use IE it will not load for him, it gives him a pop up wanting to know what program he wants to use to open it with. The other two users have no problems using IE at all what would cause this

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Only some users can use IE??
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 08:20:45 PM »
How are you starting IE? Are you starting it from a desktop shortcut or from the Taskbar quick launch?
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

JoetheHawkinsman

Rookie
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 12:45:14 PM »
Be sure that all users have the privilege to open files.
Joe Hawkins

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 05:32:21 PM »
Does it do that for just IE or for all programs? If it's the latter, Windows forgot how to handle executables ...

Why are you using IE7, any way? That's like using IE8 only worse. Go get Firefox!

artbuc

Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 03:55:43 AM »
    Does it do that for just IE or for all programs? If it's the latter, Windows forgot how to handle executables ...

Why are you using IE7, any way? That's like using IE8 only worse. Go get Firefox!

Just curious - why do you push Firefox so hard?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 04:31:34 AM »
    Just curious - why do you push Firefox so hard?

Probably because it's better.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 09:15:46 AM »

He's using IE9.  Still, using another browser could be a solution, although it does not answer the question of why IE does not work for one user on that computer.  Firefox and Opera both are great alternatives to IE.

I have Windows7 running IE9 ...

... when one user tries to use IE it will not load for him, it gives him a pop up wanting to know what program he wants to use to open it with.
    Open what?  What is "it"?

artbuc

Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
      Probably because it's better.

I assumed he thinks it is better or he wouldn't be pushing it. I was looking for specifics. Is it more user friendly, more intuitive, more secure, faster, all of the above or just want to support their business model?

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »
      I assumed he thinks it is better or he wouldn't be pushing it. I was looking for specifics. Is it more user friendly, more intuitive, more secure, faster, all of the above or just want to support their business model?

Don't care about speed but other than that, all of the above. And if it's not, you can make it so.