Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with Sony Vaio connecting to Wifi  (Read 2984 times)

kattwoman17

Problems with Sony Vaio connecting to Wifi
« on: December 27, 2011, 01:09:41 PM »
First I want to apologize if I have put this in the wrong forum.

For the past 3 months or so, whenever my Sony Vaio restarts itself to install updates, I have problems logging onto wifi. I will try to log on, it will take forever, then I get a message saying, "The Connection was unsucessful" and "This computer currently has limited connectivity to 'JoeBob' ". So far, the only way I have found to solve this problem is by using system restore, which has worked until today. What I need to know is, A) how can i PERMANENTLY fix this problem, or B) Can I fix this problem at all, and if so, is it going to cost me an insane amount of money?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Problems with Sony Vaio connecting to Wifi
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 01:30:27 AM »
You could try disabling or enabling the wireless adapter. The problem on some laptops with connecting to home network or other networks you are allowed is intermittent. It happens to me sometimes. I manage wireless network by deleting unnecessary profile.  There are also VAIO updates that would likely resolve certain issues such as updates/patches on certain manufacturing onboard components.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Problems with Sony Vaio connecting to Wifi
    « Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 04:30:45 PM »
    I too am using a Sony Vaio (desktop) that often has the same bad habit. Generally i can overcome the issue by right clicking on the "wireless connection" icon (near the time) and select repair. More than 80% of the time that solves the issue. However just yesterday when using that computer and having the "limited or no connection" warning doing the repair did not work. My particular wireless adapter is a Trendnet model connected to a rear USB port with an about 4 inch usb cable. I tried replacing just the cable -no change. Because i have a few of that same wireless adapter i put in a different one and all returned to normal. Time will tell if i must do the repair with the "new" adapter. I use this adapter on quite a few desktops and only have this issue with the Sony. So if misery loves company you have some. You could try a different usb port. By the way is this a desktop or a laptop? If it is a desktop use the rear usb ports rather than the front ones. truenorth