Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BUFFALO External USB DVD RW  (Read 4098 times)

DrBhaiyya

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
BUFFALO External USB DVD RW
« on: January 03, 2012, 10:35:49 PM »
I recently bought a BUFFALO  External  USB  DVD  RW ;  I am unable to use it with my COMPAQ  MINI  110-1100 DX LAPTOP  Product  Number : VM146UA#ABA . My mini Laptop does not have an inbuilt DVD RW.
Will  somebody please guide about as to how to use this External DVD to install any software CD on to my Laptop ? Also, how to see & listen to a DVD using this DVD RW ?
Can I use this DVD RW with my Desk-Top PC also ?
Please guide in details and help me. Many thanks in advance. 
DrBhaiyya

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: BUFFALO External USB DVD RW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:53:30 PM »
What is the model of your Buffalo DVD-RW drive? Your laptop should automatically detect the drive when you plug it in via USB. Your drive will definitely work with your desktop, too.
In the rare case that drivers need to be installed for your DVD drive, you would want to go to the official Buffalo site to download them.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

DrBhaiyya

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 10:00:01 AM »
Thanks TRANSFUSION VERY MUCH FOR VERY QUICK ATTENTION .  Following is the Model NO: of my BUFFALO  EXTERNAL usb dvd rw --PORTABLE dvd : DVSM-PC58U2VB  Technical  Specifications  : 
Number of Ports --1
Port type --------   USB 2.0
Power Consumption : Max  7.5W
Client OS  Spport : Windows  7
                               Windows  XP
Sir, will you now guide and help me in making use of this DVD RW ?  Kindly give me step-by-step guidance.  Thanking you !
DrBhaiyya

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 12:06:32 PM »
What happens when you connect the External  USB DVD to your computer?  Have you tried different USB ports?  Can you tell whether the drive is powering up when you connect it to the computer?