Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Word opens a blank document when I click on a saved file?  (Read 2838 times)

program not responding

Topic Starter

Beginner

Word opens a blank document when I click on a saved file?
    « on: January 19, 2012, 11:51:00 PM »
    Dear Forum,

I don't know what started this, but lately I have to search for the document and open it after opening a file that is supposed to be saved. Word opens with a blank gray screen, then I have to manually open the document. Thanks for any insights!

Mike
     :)

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Word opens a blank document when I click on a saved file?
    « Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 01:03:17 AM »
    Try this link.

program not responding

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 01:22:33 AM »
      Thanks Jason; but it doesn't seem to apply to Word. The same thing happens in Excel, though. I went to it, and tried to follow the instructions, but each function that they referred to was grayed out.

One thing: I just did a reinstall of MS Office after wiping my hard drive to eliminate a bad virus. It was doing this just before the wipe, too though.

Is there a MS free support for this?

Sincerely,
      Mike

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 01:47:32 AM »
      We'll never know if your PC is clean. Maybe you should head to the Viruses and Spyware section for a couple of logs needed. Other than that, you might need to run a diagnostic tool to check on the Hard drive and use the Checkdisk Utility.