Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I turn off the touchpad on my Satellite L500.  (Read 4569 times)

Cripes

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    How do I turn off the touchpad on my Satellite L500.
    « on: January 24, 2012, 07:28:37 PM »
    I think he touchpad is interfereing with the cursor and text lines and making them disappear as  I type so I want to turn the pad off .
    I'm hopeless at trying to use the touchpad anyway and only ever use the mouse.
    I'm running Windows 7 if that info is needed or makes any difference as to how to disable the pad.

I prefer (need) precise beginner type instructions if you want to help as I don't understand a lot of short pc tech talk.
    In other words I don't want you to waste your time as I very much appreciate all help with my pc problems :)
    If you want to help me,I prefer,(need) precise beginner type instructions.  I don't understand abbreviated pc tech talk.
     I very much appreciate all help with my pc problems. So I don't want you to waste your time replying with stuff I aint gunna understand. :)
    I'm a slow old dinosaur with a single digit, double handed woodpecker style keyboard stabbing action.
    In other words I type like a pecking chook :)

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: How do I turn off the touchpad on my Satellite L500.
    « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 09:36:01 AM »

Cripes

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »
      I believe the answer to your question is at http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=257773
      Have you tried this.
      It doesn't disable the touchpad.
      If you want to help me,I prefer,(need) precise beginner type instructions.  I don't understand abbreviated pc tech talk.
       I very much appreciate all help with my pc problems. So I don't want you to waste your time replying with stuff I aint gunna understand. :)
      I'm a slow old dinosaur with a single digit, double handed woodpecker style keyboard stabbing action.
      In other words I type like a pecking chook :)

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 10:14:18 PM »
      No, I haven't tried it because I don't have a Toshiba laptop.  I have a Compaq laptop and I can turn off the touchpad by pressing a small button at the edge of the touchpad.  The way of turning off the touchpad will vary depending on what make and model computer you have.  You might post at http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Computer-Information/ct-p/cat_products

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 01:25:25 AM »
      Did you try checking on your Control Panel - Hardware - Mouse (Properties) Device settings tab?