Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Deleted mail in trash can  (Read 3379 times)

NewZealand85

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Deleted mail in trash can
    « on: January 28, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
    Hi.

By a mistake I sent some sensitive information to a contact of mine. I contacted the guy and meet up with him to make sure that he deleted the mail. I watched him delted the mail from his inbox and from his trashcan, can the guy still get the mail back then? He was using a hotmail account and was using his cell phone. Not sure what browser he used sorry. The mail was sent from a gmail account with a firefox browser. The mail is also delted from from my mail (both sent mail and trash can).

Thanks in advance.

Raptor

Re: Deleted mail in trash can
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 03:36:07 AM »
    If he deleted it from the bin in his hotmail account, it is effectively removed from hotmail. Only Microsoft would be able to get it back but they probably don't want to.

He could, of course, have printed it beforehand or stored it elsewhere.

NewZealand85

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 05:27:04 AM »
      The mail appeared to be unread, when I first saw it in his hotmail account. I clicked on the mail to open it and then I deleted it.

So I don't think that he could have done something with it?

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 09:03:43 AM »
      He was using a hotmail account and was using his cell phone.
      I don't see how can get much comfort from that.  Do you know for sure that he does not have his hotmail account set up in an email client on a computer?  If he did, then he could have downloaded that email message to his hard drive where it can remain even though deleted from the web server.