Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows live essentials  (Read 2630 times)

Wyngs

Topic Starter

Beginner

Windows live essentials
    « on: January 29, 2012, 05:55:53 PM »
    I would like to remove this mishmash of crap from my computer, but not being overly savvy about the thing, what are the pitfalls I might encounter? Will the package just be removed without affecting something essential in my machine? I assume my Hotmail account, being web mail, will remain accessible. Not at all sure about the IM, but I'm thinking about going to AIM on that anyhow.

Windows 7.

My add/remove programs has but one reference to windows live, called "Windows Live Essentials." That's the one I'm contemplating removing.

Thanks in advance for any info.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Windows live essentials
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 08:17:23 PM »
    I disagree with your opinion of Windows Live Essentials but, yes, you can remove it without doing any harm to your computer.

Wyngs

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 08:18:59 PM »
      Many thanks Soybean.

Yes, one man's meat is always another man's poison (grin).

I did run into this, however, while reading the web on it:

http://download.cnet.com/Windows-Live-Essentials/3640-2150_4-10996399.html

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:30:16 PM »
      I've been using Windows Live Mail and I think it's OK.   But, I also have Microsoft Outlook and am thinking of making it my primary email client.  But, if your main email account is a Hotmail account and you access it via your web browser, then an email client is simply irrelevant to you.