Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound does not match netflix, speakers stopped working after headphone use  (Read 3144 times)

icre8arch

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    sound does not match netflix,  speakers stopped working after headphone use , on Dell Inspiron, 5 years old.  I reinstalled the O.S. because it was running slow,  all worked well til 4 days later, daughter plugged in headphones, and they worked, after unplugging, the speakers stopped working.  I have checked the setting and it  says all are functional.  She says now netflix movies do not match the sound.   Can't afford a new pc, have a very unhappy child, lol.   Thank you for any light you can shed on my problem.    Sincerely,  Icre8arch
    Cheryl

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: sound does not match netflix, speakers stopped working after headphone use
    « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 09:37:09 AM »
    Welcome!
    Computer Hope is the number one location for free computer help.
    The forum will help everyone with all computer questions.

More information gives better answers. This problem has been reported before on some computers. The fact that the computer is five yes old, an important detail,  does not mean the computer is wore out.

In some examples  some headphones plugs will damage the jack (receptacle) on the computer. This is a mechanical problem.

icre8arch

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 12:15:01 PM »
      The jack works fine, it is the speakers that no longer play and the movies do not match the sound on the headphones.
      Cheryl

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 02:40:12 PM »
      Please provide the enact model number of the Dell.
      It is the jack. Unless the documentation indicates otherwise. A look at the manual should indicate what is the relationship of the speakers and the headphone jack.

Wyngs

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 07:01:04 PM »
        Sounds like two different problems to me.

The jack is designed to break the speaker connections when something is plugged in - at least that is the way with all my machines. Sounds like a defective jack in that maybe the speakers are not being reconnected when the device is unplugged.