Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Needing enlarged graphics for playing MS games - ie; Solitare  (Read 3261 times)

Dakotahillbilly

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Needing enlarged graphics for playing MS games - ie; Solitare
    « on: February 12, 2012, 01:49:49 PM »
    My friend is 89 years old and enjoys playing solitare on her computer, but her eyesight is getting worse and cannot make out some of the graphics.  Is there a way to make some of the games  larger to where she can still enjoy playing these games on her computer.   We have increased the size in the display properties, but that also causes the game graphics to spill off the screen.  Is there other similar games that can be purchased that will allow an increase in images.   

Thank ahead for any help...

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Needing enlarged graphics for playing MS games - ie; Solitare
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 06:07:11 PM »
    Welcome!
    Computer Hope is the number one location for free computer help.
    The forum will help everyone with all computer questions.

What you are seeking is a computer with the right set of hardware and software for people with low vision. Sometimes these people are called visually impaired. I am one of such.

To date  I have not found an effective, economical solution for my visual impairment. One thing that helps a little is the use of dual monitors. The second monitor can be a mangier for the first monitor. You can pan the view area on the second monitors. But it is still awkward. 

I have to use a monitor with at least 17 inches and special glasses and I have to withing 12 inches of  the screen.

If you find something the works well,  please let me  hear about it. It is nervy frustrating to not be able to see what others can see.
    One company that makes video cars with zoom on the second display is Matrox. But there stuff is either privy or hard to find.

Matox Graphics

Also, Google Search:

Visual Aids for Computers

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Needing enlarged graphics for playing MS games - ie; Solitare
    « Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 03:36:07 AM »
    Assuming changing the DPI doesn't work, you could always reduce the resolution.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.