Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: blue screen error showed a few times while in use, now windows won't load.  (Read 2711 times)

RosieLudo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hello there =)

A friend of mine built me a computer in September, and its never had a problem before, but over the last week or so it kept cutting out. First it cut out into blue screen while playing skyrim. Then it did it just while surfing the internet, and today I left it on the desktop to see if it would do it without running any programmes and it went to blue screen after only 5 minutes.

I tried to boot up the PC just now and it didn't even load windows. The computer was on, but my monitor wasn't picking anything up!

The error message said something like 'windows has shut down to protect your computer from further damage', I can't remember exactly what it said, and now I can't even start up the PC to double check!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I worked my arse off to buy this computer and I was just about to complete skyrim!

Thanks,
    Rosie. X

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: blue screen error showed a few times while in use, now windows won't load.
    « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:44:06 AM »
    few ideas ....

1. have you tried loading to safe mode, see if that gets you anywhere.

2. do you have a windows disc?

RosieLudo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: blue screen error showed a few times while in use, now windows won't load.
      « Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:48:15 AM »
      Yeah I loaded to safe mode after the first time it crashed and did a virus scan and it came back clear. And yes, I do have a windows disk floating around somewhere.