Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Stuck in Boot Loop  (Read 3052 times)

jamie5001

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Stuck in Boot Loop
    « on: April 11, 2012, 07:17:28 AM »
    Hey, stuck in a boot loop on load up.  When the windows iconis loading the computer restarts itself.  Ive put in the xp cd to try and boot.  It asked me do you wish to run NRESTORE, when i type yes, it says:

Searsh failed.  Exiting.....

[DR-DOS] A:\>

This is where computing is beyond me, any help would be much appreciated!!

Cheers

Jay

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Stuck in Boot Loop
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 10:53:35 AM »
    It looks like you have a disk in the floppy drive. It might be a disc in the CAROM drive. Either case, take out the disks before you boot the computer. It is trying to start from a floppy or maybe the CD disc.

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Stuck in Boot Loop
    « Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 11:08:23 AM »
    Take all the CDs or floppys out of the computer and restart. Tap the F8 key repeatedly as the computer is first starting. This will bring up the advanced boot options screen. At that screen choose Safe Mode. Let us know if you can get into safe mode. If you can't, go back to the advanced boot options screen and choose Disable Automatic Restarts On System Failure. This should stop it from restarting and generate an error message. Post the entire message here, including the gibberish.

It would also be helpful to give us some more information about your computer. What the brand and model is, which version of windows and service packs you have, whether or not you've made any changes to the computer right before this started like installing a new program or updating or made any changes to the computer's hardware.
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/