Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reformatted now loads to black screen!  (Read 3189 times)

mcweasleytwins

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Reformatted now loads to black screen!
    « on: April 13, 2012, 05:22:32 PM »
    I am using a Compaq Presario V2000 (It's  a 2005)
    I reformatted using the Operating System CD, and reinstalled Windows. I load the Windows logo and then goes to a black screen and nothing.
    I loaded the Operating Systems CD again: On Welcome to Setup I press ENTER to set up Windows XP. I press F8 to agree to License Agreement. At the bottom of screen it says "searching for previous versions of Microsoft Windows" and does nothing else, it just freezes there.
    If I go onto Safe mode with Command Prompt it loads up to "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\drivers\mup.sys" and then after a while it says something like beginning dump of physical memory but I can't read all of it because it automatically restarts. I would be so grateful if someone could help me. It may take me a while to check this because I have no way to access the internet at home and will have to go to sister's house to do it. God, when the system first crashed I thought "wonderful, I'll have to reformat and reinstall windows", how I wish it had been that easy! I'm not a complete novice, I have some experience with computers, but this has stumped me! Help please! Please help me!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Reformatted now loads to black screen!
    « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 05:39:42 PM »
    What exactly does it say on this XP CD ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Linux711

Mentor

• Yes
      • Programming Blog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Reformatted now loads to black screen!
    « Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »
    Looks like the system is having a BSOD, but it's rebooting so you can't read the info. Download a boot CD such as Bart PE or something (Linux would work too). Use it to mount your system partition, then goto C:\WINDOWS\MiniDump and post the contents of the file here.
    YouTube

"Genius is persistence, not brain power." - Me

"Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"" - LaVolpe