Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Create List of File Descriptions via Batch File?  (Read 4125 times)

vivamarxista

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Create List of File Descriptions via Batch File?
    « on: April 18, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »
    Is it possible to create a list of file descriptions (Properties => Details => Description) via batch file.  I'm using Windows 7 Professional.  See link below for clearer picture:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/vivamarxista/CollectingFileDetailDescriptions_2.jpg

Salmon Trout

Re: Create List of File Descriptions via Batch File?
    « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »
    I do not believe it is possible to offer a generic solution; is there a particular kind of file that you are interested in?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 05:55:04 PM »
    This is not a direct answer.
    May I ask why the OP has not considered  files managers for digital photos? Perhaps he does not know about the bunch of ideas or software others have created to organize digital photo albums.

Here is a good article:
    Organize Those Digital Photos!
    The results are hard to argue with. Today I have more than 9,000 photos--some dating back to 1979--consuming just over 24 gigabytes of space on my hard disk. Now my pictures don't yellow over time. I can print photos whenever I want or post them to my Web site. And I reclaimed lots of closet space where those old shoe boxes used to be. Here's what I did.
    If you need information about file, you may want to use HTML. In windows XP a set of photos can be associated with a HTML file.
    Or, you can look for Photo Album builders that do the low-level work for h you.
    Best Photo Management App for Windows
    Windows has its fair share of photo management programs, but we've chosen Picasa as the best for its impressive feature set and relative ease of use.
    Also, Google 'Free Digital Image Managers'
    Just trying to help.

vivamarxista

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 02:23:50 PM »
      I'm working with SolidWorks Part (.sldprt) and Assembly (.sldasm) files.  My templates are set up so that descriptions of the part/assembly drops into File Properties =>Details => Description.