Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pc keeps restarting it self but stays on in safe mode?  (Read 4035 times)

Gazthebruce

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    pc keeps restarting it self but stays on in safe mode?
    « on: April 23, 2012, 01:09:01 PM »
    hi all ,i know a bit about computers am in no way an expert i know how to use what things are and thats about it ! ;D

my windows 7 pc keeps turning it self off now for a few weeks i re-installed windows 7 but still the same have cleaned it all out there is no dust in there have run malware program and shows nothing am really stumped i have read a bit on the internet about the problems and am stuck not sure what to do am running windows memory diagnostics tool now but showing no problems i read it could be overheating problems but not sure will try and get hp monitor i think it called and get the temps up any help would be greatly welcomed thanks, bruce!

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: pc keeps restarting it self but stays on in safe mode?
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »
    try using the speedfan sofftware to see what it reads.

do post logs here if the software gives you one, or a screenshot of what it tells you.

Wyngs

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:09:32 PM »
      And reference possible heat problem, might try setting up a desk fan blowing into the case holes and see if that makes a difference. If it does you'll know a bit more.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 11:36:34 PM »
      Can you post the complete specs. of the computer? While thermal could be the culprit(video card) you can try using the onboard. Since you run safemode without a problem and randomly restart in normal mode, try unchecking Automatic restart to be able to point the error message next time it happens.