Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer screen goes dim (even almost black) for no reason?  (Read 3773 times)

Tymu888

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer screen goes dim (even almost black) for no reason?
    « on: April 25, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »
    Well actually there obviously must be a reason.
    First of all, I have Emachines E527, not a good computer, but enough to do my schoolwork and use Facebook.
    One day after school I get home and go on my computer and I get to use it probably for like 5-10 minutes and suddenly the screen turns black. At first I thought it really did turn off or something but then I noticed if I look very closely, I can see the things on my desktop..
    I decided to shut my computer down and then turn it back on. When I turned the computer back on, I could see all the startup things (computer logo, starting windows etc.) very clearly, as I did usually when I turned my computer on. When it asked for my password, the screen was almost black again..
    I started looking that maybe I had turned brightness down or something, but everything was maximum (even my battery settings were set on high performance). I could see the stuff better when I was using a torch (I looked stupid). I discovered a key combination Fn+F6.. It turned my screen on for 1 sec and then turned it off.. I tried it like a hundred times and then suddenly it turned my screen back to normal.. but EVERYTIME I turn my computer back on, the screen goes black and I have to press Fn and then f6 twice to make it go back to normal.. And sometimes it turns the screen off randomly again when I'm using the computer (it also did while I was writing this paragraph).

Any ideas what could be wrong? What could I do to make it go away? Could it get more frequent?