Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Color LaserJet 5550 Printing Issue  (Read 2883 times)

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    HP Color LaserJet 5550 Printing Issue
    « on: April 27, 2012, 01:52:29 AM »
    Hello everyone,

We using this printer as a network printer, installed on W2k and shared on the network, all client PC are using OS XPSP3. The problem we are facing is the following:
    Whenever a user prints for instance a document of 2 pages and on the number of copies e he puts 2 so that the printer can then print 2 pages of each page, totally 4 pages, instead the printer takes out 8 pages, and if on the number of pages its 4 it will print 16 pages instead of 8. I find this so strange, tried some troubleshooting, like defaulting the printer to manufacture settings, changing some settings on the printers software to no avail.

Please help.  :-[

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: HP Color LaserJet 5550 Printing Issue
    « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 03:20:27 AM »
    First of all, are you sure you have the correct driver for each of the computers?

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 03:37:40 AM »
      Well i presume i do, because we have been using the printer for two years and it as since been working fine, its only recently that we have been facing this issue, the printer prints just fine, its just these amount of pages.

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:07:01 PM »
        quaxo after your question i gave it a thought, i went to the HP website downloaded and installed the latest (up to date) drivers, and it did the trick, issue solved. Thanks to all those who viewed as well.

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:25:33 PM »
        Good to hear. That's what I figured it was.  :)