Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Power to Sony Vaio  (Read 2688 times)

jamiebmoore

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    No Power to Sony Vaio
    « on: April 28, 2012, 07:10:11 AM »
    Apologies if this is not in the right section.

I was using my laptop last week and all of a sudden it shut off. I tried rebooting and unplugging the power cord etc and still it wouldn't turn back on. I tried changing the fuse in the plug but still nothing.
    NOTE: I wasn't using the battery at the time as it has just run out of power and ever charging.

I plugged the cord in another area and noticed the little green light on the square power brick thing wasn't turning on. I decided it must be a fault with the lead so sought to buy another one. I opted to buy a brand new official Sony one so it wouldn't damage my laptop and then thought it must be time to buy a new battery so I bought and received them today. I plugged the new lead into the wall etc and my laptop still doesn't boot up there is no lights to show power nothing. However I decided to stick the new battery on and it booted up so whatever power the  battery had it fired my laptop up but now the battery has died and I have no way of getting my laptop to turn on.

Does anyone know or have experienced what might be the cause of this? I can only assume where i plug the wire into the back of my laptop is not allowing the power from the lead to connect to the laptop.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: No Power to Sony Vaio
    « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 04:29:11 PM »
    ... I can only assume where i plug the wire into the back of my laptop is not allowing the power from the lead to connect to the laptop.
    Yes, most likely you are correct.  Take it to a shop that specializes in repairing laptops.