Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSODs - HiJack This Log Inside  (Read 9191 times)

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    BSODs - HiJack This Log Inside
    « on: May 07, 2012, 04:31:33 PM »
        My computer will give BSODs ever since I--as far as I know--accidentally pulled out the monitor cable behind the computer tower. I put it back in and all, so maybe that's not the cause, I just don't know how it started. But if a HiJack This log tells you what you need to know to help me, I've attached it. I don't want to give you any erroneous info, I just want the BSODs to end so I can actually use my computer for more than 5 minutes before it gets another BSOD. (which is what happens anytime I'm not in Safe Mode) I'd like this handled ASAP, as soon as someone can. Thanks!

HiJackThis log: http://www.computer-juice.com/forums/attachments/f49/1755d1336151015-bsods-hijack-log-inside-hijackthis.zip

P.S.
        I don't want to mislead anyone with any BSODs that -may- not matter, but in case it helps in conjunction with the attached HiJackThis log, examples of BSODs stop errors and mentioned filenames I got include:
        The driver is mismanaging system PTEs. (I uninstalled and manually reinstalled the latest NVIDIA graphics driver as a result of this BSOD)
        DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
        tcpip.sys
        REFERENCE BY POINTER
        rr172x.sys
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS

P.P.S.
    Something I've been wondering about as a possible cause is that in Device Manager, under Processors, it lists four "Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.06GHz" items with yellow triangle exclamation(!) marks by their icons, as seen from this screen capture:
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2mcvbsn.jpg
    I've been wondering if it's safe to uninstall the [nonexistent?] drivers for those to possibly improve something? Thanks

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: BSODs - HiJack This Log Inside
    « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 04:36:11 PM »
    Download BlueScreenView:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
    unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
    when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
    Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
    Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:02:43 PM »
      Download BlueScreenView:
      http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
      unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
      when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
      Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
      Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply
      Unfortunately it doesn't turn up any BSODs. :-( It doesn't even seem to scan for anything after I open the .exe.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 06:30:14 PM »
      Something I've been wondering about as a possible cause is that in Device Manager, under Processors, it lists four "Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.06GHz" items with yellow triangle exclamation(!) marks by their icons, as seen from this screen capture:

DLoad and re-install your MBoard chipset drivers...no need to remove the old ones.
      Re-boot afterwards.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 09:07:01 AM »
        DLoad and re-install your MBoard chipset drivers...no need to remove the old ones.
        Re-boot afterwards.
        I tried to Google the answer to this for a while so I could avoid asking it here, until I decided to just give up and ask here: How do I determine the motherboard or chipset of my computer? For example it's possible the drivers I need are somewhere on this general site..
        http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon1333/#604
        ..but I'd need to know the name of my chipset to download the appropriate drivers.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 11:40:34 AM »
          Here is a link to a free utility that when performed will give you an exhaustive list of all the hardware components of your computer. It should answer the specifics of your motherboard thus allowing you to search for and find the appropriate chipset driver that patio is referring you to. I would recommend that once the scan is complete that you print out all the resultant data as chances are it will come in handy for future use and problem solving.
          http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
          truenorth

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 05:02:56 PM »
            Here is a link to a free utility that when performed will give you an exhaustive list of all the hardware components of your computer. It should answer the specifics of your motherboard thus allowing you to search for and find the appropriate chipset driver that patio is referring you to. I would recommend that once the scan is complete that you print out all the resultant data as chances are it will come in handy for future use and problem solving.
            http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
            truenorth
            I had found out that my chipset is Intel E7505, but the problem is that every download I can find for it, whether on the Intel site or any other download site, only gives me a infinst_auto.exe that checks for drivers automatically, but that never seems to do the trick. When I Google the chipset to try and download the driver itself, not the driver-searching software, I always get the searching software. I'd like the direct Intel E7505 chipset driver itself.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »
            Its the MBoard manuf. chipset drivers you want...not the specific chipset itself....did you determine who's MBoard it is ? ?
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 05:12:18 PM »
              Up to now you have not indicated what your operating system is. Here is a link for the Intel E7505
              http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Workstation+Chipsets&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+E7505+Chipset
              However the listed O/S is up to and including XP so if it is Vista or Win 7 then it is not applicable.
              truenorth
              Just read patio's last reply so deal with his point 1st.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
              • Certifications: List
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Expert
              « Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »
              SuperMicro X6DH?-???
              Fill in the rest for us.  It should be written right on the motherboard.
              You can also find it with this utility;  www.hwinfo.com
              Choose 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on your OS.

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 05:21:49 PM »
                Its the MBoard manuf. chipset drivers you want...not the specific chipset itself....did you determine who's MBoard it is ? ?
                The OS is Windows 7, and the Motherboard is: Tyan Computer Corporation S2668 Tiger i7505

Computer_Commando

Hacker
                « Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »
                http://www.tyan.com/archive/products/html/tigeri7505.html

This is a 6 year old motherboard which not have support for Win7.  You won't find the chipset drivers here.  You may be able to find them on Intel's website.

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 05:43:19 PM »
                  http://www.tyan.com/archive/products/html/tigeri7505.html

This is a 6 year old motherboard which not have support for Win7.  You won't find the chipset drivers here.  You may be able to find them on Intel's website.
                  Then I think the past few posts refer to something I did hours ago. I did all that the Intel site could do for these drivers, I installed them, it asked to restart, I did so, and the Device Manager still showed those 4 processors as yellow "!"s. Although we don't know if those "!"s are the cause of my BSODs, which is my concern.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
                  « Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »
                  The BSOD's could be due to the installation of improper drivers.  That's why Allan said to reinstall the chipset drivers.
                  They are here:  http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/chpsts/e7505
                  None are for any OS past WinXP.  You may not be able to use Win7 on this computer.
                  Has it ever worked correctly with Win7?  If yes, then delete all the yellow flagged ones in the Device Manger & let Win7 resinstall them.  I will happen automatically after you delete them & reboot.

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 06:35:59 PM »
                    That's the
                    The BSOD's could be due to the installation of improper drivers.  That's why Allan said to reinstall the chipset drivers.
                    They are here:  http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/chpsts/e7505
                    None are for any OS past WinXP.  You may not be able to use Win7 on this computer.
                    Has it ever worked correctly with Win7?  If yes, then delete all the yellow flagged ones in the Device Manger & let Win7 resinstall them.  I will happen automatically after you delete them & reboot.
                    Yeah that's the site that doesn't help me, as it only gives me a driver-search tool, not actual drivers. I was wondering if deleting the yellow flagged icons would do the trick, I just didn't want to try it until someone suggested it. I deleted them now.