Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Black and white  (Read 3636 times)

CoragousPrey

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • Experience: Beginner
    Black and white
    « on: May 09, 2012, 08:38:03 AM »
    Whenever i open a picture to view the picutre goes black and white and 'squishes' slightly to one side, this also happens with videos in full screen, any games that use video and skype calls. The buttons on the image eg the hang up button on skype also squish with the image but to click the button you have to click where it usually would be. anyone know how i can fix this??

CoragousPrey

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
      Re: Black and white
      « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 08:53:25 AM »
      also im on Windows 7 Home edition if that helps at all

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:06:54 AM »
      Viewing pictures with what software? 

The buttons on the image eg the hang up button on skype also squish with the image but to click the button you have to click where it usually would be. anyone know how i can fix this??
      Let's review that sentence; I believe some punctuation is missing.  Do you mean, "The buttons on the image, e.g. the hang up button on skype, also squish with the image but to click the button you have to click where it usually would be.  Anyone know how i can fix this??"

Can you post a screen shot of a photo or Skype?

Also, some info on your computer may be helpful.  What are your hardware (including video card) specs? 

CoragousPrey

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
        « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 09:18:41 AM »
        Windows Photo Viewer.

Sorry about the punctuation, unless i am really concentrating on it i am terrible at it.

Im not quite sure what you want but ill do my best: Its a compaq, im not sure if this is what the video card is but NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100, 2Gb of RAM, AMD Ahlon 64 x2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 1.70 GHz

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

CoragousPrey

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
          « Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »
          Also in the picture my cursor is supposedly over the 'Pop-Out' button but as you can see the cursor is way to the right.

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 09:37:07 AM »
          What OS are you running?  Is your computer a laptop?  If you open Device Manager, do you see any yellow triangles with an exclamation mark inside, especially with regard to "Display adapters"?  If this is a laptop, do yo have an external monitor connected to it?

Can you post a screen shot of a picture viewed in Windows Photo Viewer?

Re: Skype.  I don't use it much.  So, I'm not sure what you're trying to show us there. 

CoragousPrey

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
            « Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 09:50:03 AM »
            Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Yes it is a laptop. Nope, no yellow triangles or any warning signs. I do have an external monitor connected but this problem has been happening since before i connected it to the monitor.

Ok here it is:

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 09:52:23 AM »
            Did you consider some of the Skype users have black and white Cams ? ?
            The desert photo is a black and white photo...
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

CoragousPrey

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
              « Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 09:55:45 AM »
              This happens with any video feed, whether from skype, you tube or in games etc.

The picture is in full color, I've opened it before the problem and it has been in perfect quality with vibrant colors.

soybean

Genius
              « Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 12:20:42 PM »
              Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Yes it is a laptop.
              Your specs are very similar to my Compaq laptop.  Did yours come with Windows Vista, and you upgraded to Windows 7? 

I do have an external monitor connected but this problem has been happening since before i connected it to the monitor.
              Even so, I suggest you disconnect the external monitor and run your computer that way for awhile and see whether it returns to correct display.  Your system, with the GeForce Go 6100, is somewhat low powered on the video side to run an external monitor, especially if you're trying to run that monitor at a much higher resolution than the resolution for the laptop display.

CoragousPrey

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
                « Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 05:11:27 PM »
                Yeah my laptop came with Windows Vista.

Ok ive disconnected the monitor, now i guess i just have to wait.