Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell Latitude E6510 new battery not charging on AC power  (Read 6087 times)

milliarden

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Dell Latitude E6510 new battery not charging on AC power
    « on: May 22, 2012, 04:01:35 AM »
    Hi!

I have the following problem:

After 3 years, the battery of my Dell Latitude E6510 given up the ghost and I've bought a new (not a replica but the original model purchased from http://www.accukorting.com/dell-latitude-e6510.html ).

The battery can be used easily and is also recognized by the system.
    Only problem: He can not be charged.

When you first insert the battery was at 33%. In network mode, it remains at 33%. However, it is shown: left 33% (network operation is not recharged).

Have already taken out the battery again and blown onto the contacts and everything wiped cloth with NEM (thought it might be a bit dusty). But nothing helps.

Can someone help me? Were so thankful for every tip.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Dell Latitude E6510 new battery not charging on AC power
      « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:15:59 AM »
      When the new battery is installed and also the adapter/charger is plugged into a wall outlet what is the status icon down by the time indicating? How long have you left it in the computer charging for? Ultimately it is always possible that the battery you received may be defective. So retain your receipts for the purchase as it may be necessary to return it. truenorth
      P.S. In case you have never done the process before here is a good link to describe what is involved.
      http://www.laptop-battery.org/batterytips.html

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 11:11:01 AM »
      I agree with truenorth
      Also, It is not uncommon to install a replacement battery with characteristics that vary somewhat from the original.
      Determining the charge any a cattery by voltage output requires will-calibrated sensors. Even a slight change inn the battery characteristics requires adjustment of the sensors. Hopefully this  issue will someday be resolved with standardization of rechargeable methods used in the industry.

Contact the vendor for information on how to determine the recharge of the battery.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 05:19:15 PM »
      Leave it on a full charge with the PC not being used for at least 12 hours...if it fails then it's the power unit itself...not the battery.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "