Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mozila firefox stops working while starting.  (Read 3989 times)

papai96144

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    mozila firefox stops working while starting.
    « on: May 23, 2012, 10:56:42 AM »
    in my windows 7 ultimate operating system farther version of mozila firefox then 2.0 is working on my computer. i have tried all the latest versions of this softwere but it shows"firefox has stopped working " while trying to run the program. i have restored my pc. tryed the troubleshoot com patability but still the problem is existing.. plz help me ...

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: mozila firefox stops working while starting.
    « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:17:03 PM »
    in my windows 7 ultimate operating system farther version of mozila firefox then 2.0 is working on my computer. i have tried all the latest versions of this softwere but it shows"firefox has stopped working " while trying to run the program. i have restored my pc. tryed the troubleshoot com patability but still the problem is existing.. plz help me ...
    Your post is very difficult to understand.  Are you translating from another (non-English) language? 

What do you mean by "farther version"? 

i have tried all the latest versions of this softwere ...
    Well, there's only 1 latest version at any moment in time.  The latest version now is version 12.0.

How many versions did you try?  Why did you try different versions?

winner

Starter
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 09:07:23 PM »
    Ah, yeah... very difficult to understand, indeed.

There might be something wrong with your previous Firefox installation. Completely remove/uninstall Firefox as well as manually remove the installation folder in the Program Files  and in the profile folder. Since you're using Windows 7, after Firefox uninstallation, go to your windows user profile folder and delete any Firefox remnants there.

It should be at this directory; C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox

Computercare

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 09:19:54 PM »
      hard to understand. but you can reinstall firefox.

coronaadvances

• Business Cash Advance
      « Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 06:14:00 AM »
       mozila firefox stops working on my laptop too, I have windows 7 pro 64bit edition.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 07:31:16 AM »
        coronaadvances,Welcome to the CH forums.A brief lesson on forum etiquette ,In the case of your post above unless it is intended to show empathy with the original poster (ie:misery loves company) then if you are actually seeking help then you should start your own topic. It is bad form to hijack someone elses topic. truenorth
        To the O/P .Another option if you desire to have a Mozilla browser you might want to try SeaMonkey which is another of their stable. Or alternatively try a completely different browser.My personal preference is Opera though i do use others. truenorth