Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is this a good way to remove old drivers from WinXP?  (Read 4954 times)

artbuc

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Is this a good way to remove old drivers from WinXP?
    « on: June 01, 2012, 03:21:27 AM »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lucJTFFyqY

Do you recommend this method or is there a better way? Thanks for your comments.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Is this a good way to remove old drivers from WinXP?
    « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 05:31:49 AM »
    I'm not going to click on your link, but why are you trying to remove drivers?

artbuc

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 06:26:21 AM »
      Specifically to deal with my current issue associated with the video card (hardware sub-forum). But I also want to know generally just for future reference and to satisfy my curiosity.

I probably should have made my original post in the driver sub-forum but I completely did not see it and didn't even know I had a driver issue.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 06:37:02 AM »
      The correct way to uninstall drivers is the same way you uninstall any other program (in XP use ADD/REMOVE and in Vista and W7 you use Programs & Features). Additionally, a number of hardware manufacturers provide "uninstall" utilities on their websites to insure complete removal of their old drivers prior to installing new ones.

Ryuk

Adviser

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 04:03:24 AM »
        Its actually, better to keep them.  If you install a newer driver that doesn't work you have something to go back too.