Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: internal speakers/headphone jack problem  (Read 4203 times)

ChineseElectricBatman

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    internal speakers/headphone jack problem
    « on: June 07, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »
    My laptop speakers eventually stopped working after I accidentally violently yanked out my headphone plug from the jack.

I could ignore that because I usually just use headphones anyway, later down the road however, I found my speaker jack so messed up internally(without needing to take a peek at it) that it makes my speakers LOUDLY  either beep screech shriek or buzz, and this is not a system beep that is quiet but noticeable this is a full on messed up audio problem, when I actually have audio playing (not just the internal fan SOMEHOW coming up in the audio stream, *censored* manufacturers and their laziness.) the audio plays distorted while buzzing etc, should I just open up the laptop and bend it back into place so it does not cause problems, or should I just rip it out? I could rip it out because I have already ordered an USB sound card with headphone/mic jack, but that wont fix the problem, the bigger problem this cause is that my laptop freezes as a result of whenever it happens
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:23:22 PM by Allan »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: internal speakers/headphone jack problem
    « Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 04:45:09 PM »
    Why blame the maunf's ? ?
    Sounds like your aggressive nature dealing with hardware may be the issue...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ChineseElectricBatman

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 05:01:57 PM »
      Why blame the maunf's ? ?
      Sounds like your aggressive nature dealing with hardware may be the issue...

The hardware incident was an accident, I was blaming the lazy manufacturers for not making a sound card that blocks the noise of the fans appearing in the audio stream.

But I just need to make a decision on what to do here with the jack, that and how to open my laptop, even when I unscrew EVERYTHING it will not open so I am really frustrated at the moment.

Oh and by everything I just mean the screws on the bottom part of the casing and not the large components of the laptop
      « Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:12:44 PM by ChineseElectricBatman »

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 05:46:34 PM »
      You'll have to open it up & repair the jack.

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 10:13:15 PM »
      Depending on the model of laptop, there may be screws you've missed. Sometimes they're hidden under the battery, hard drive or memory covers, keyboard (once it's been unscrewed), and all sorts. The screws in the bottom are rarely the only ones that need unscrewed to get laptops open anymore.

However, unless you're absolutely sure you can get the laptop back together after you've opened it up, I wouldn't take it apart. They're not always the easiest things to put back together. But if you insist on continuing, I'd suggest laying the screws out noting where they were removed from so you can get it back together. There can be quite a few of various lengths and sizes (my wife's laptop had 17 screws to remove just to get the thing open).