Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Icons moving to left of the screen on restart/refresh after virus removal.  (Read 5509 times)

Ricter1439

Topic Starter

• Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
I had a virus on my computer last week and I think it was the cause of my desktop icons to be constantly moved to the left side of the screen. I ran the paid version of Ad-Aware Pro and removed any virus it found with no solution. At this point I thought it might be a registry problem and upgraded my computer from Windows Vista (64-bit) to Windows 7 (64-bit), still no solution. I have tried EVERY correction I've read online, with no luck. Here is a breakdown of my actions. Auto align turned off, Align to grid turned off (Must add that after each restart align to grid is rechecked), downloaded a icon lock program, ran regedit and checked status of desktop, ran Windows Defender, HitMan Pro, and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and CCcleaner, everything is coming back clean. Defragged harddrive, reset Windows Explorer, uninstalled every program that's been installed in the past 2 weeks. Before installing Windows 7 I reset the computer to an earlier time with no fix, now that I have Windows 7 installed, the earliest reset time is after the problem already started. I know I've done a few more tweaks but cannot think of them right now. I have spent the past couple of days trying to get this problem corrected and have searched every website with a solution. Hope someone can help me, I really don't want to wipe the harddrive and start from scratch but that may be a last ditch effort. Thanks.  *Update* I have also checked my BIOS as well as had windows run any and all error checks on start-up.

Ricter1439

Topic Starter

• Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Currently running SUPERAntiSpyware, will post with results.