Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Device Manager showing double chipset in Display Adapter  (Read 4862 times)

mizhepzibah

Topic Starter

Rookie

Device Manager showing double chipset in Display Adapter
    « on: July 02, 2012, 04:38:01 PM »
    Identical chipsets are showing up in the Device Manager, but looking at the computer page, I see that it says Core 2.  That means dual core, right?  So we'd expect to see two identical chipsets?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Device Manager showing double chipset in Display Adapter
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 04:43:48 PM »
    Display Adapter?

mizhepzibah

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 05:22:17 PM »
      Yes.  The computer is running XP, and in Device Manager, Display Adapters is the third item down the list, after Computer and then Disk Drives.
      There are two items there, both with the same name:  Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family.

While we're at it, I might mention that there are also two keyboard items (identical) and three monitor items (identical).  I deleted the second of the keyboard items, which caused the keyboard to stop functioning, despite the presence of the first item, and upon rebooting, both keyboards showed back up.  I haven't deleted both keyboard items yet, but that's my next move, if only to see what happens.

mroilfield

Mentor
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 02:38:01 AM »
      If you don't know what will happen when you delete something then I advise against doing it just to see what happens.
      You can't fix Stupid!!!