Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ideapad Z575 on the way, I may upgrade HHDD,whats correct way to proceed?  (Read 2703 times)

eclein

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    I have a new Lenovo coming that has 500gb 5400rpm HDD, folks are putting a 7200rpm replacement drive in and getting
    a nice bump in performance. Original drive has the partitions setup with a designated recovery,reinstall one. How do I move everything over to faster one and be safe. Should I seek advice from Lenovo or is it a straightforward process. I know enough to really screw up here so i need advice. Thanks ;D....ed

eclein

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      The laptop arrives today-"I'm a kid in a candy store!!" ;D
      [lenovo IdeaPad Z575 (12992PU) Notebook AMD A-Series A6-3420M(1.5GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory DDR3 1333 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD±R/RW AMD Radeon HD 6650M]
        above is the title of the machine as written by Newegg, it has 116 reviews with 4 eggs and after reading all of them I understand that people install new HDD right away. How does one do it without issues like the machine not seeing the drive its supposed to run the reinstall partition, etc????

I know my best move is to call Lenovo and ask them and I will if I do this down the road but please speculate with me here OK..feel free I'm not going to do it unless its something Lenovo says is not problematic. I guess before taking original out somehow the data can be transferred?? I just want to get an idea of what folks do when swapping hard drives?? Is it hard to do?? I'm curious and want to learn about it from you folks.