Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: acer aspire m1620 no display  (Read 3450 times)

wagpofafi

Topic Starter

Beginner

acer aspire m1620 no display
    « on: July 14, 2012, 10:04:25 PM »
    dont know what happen my cousin has been using this desktop for 4 years,and this is the 1st time she had this problem. before this no display happened she told me that display has been having problems before the no display probelm occured. the display seemed to be blinking,and after a month of not using the desktop,the no display happened. ive tried to disconnect and reconnect RAM sata connector to different cnnectors and removing cmos and replacing it with my cmos which is 2month old. ive also do not here no bios beep when the pc is turned on. what do you think is the problem? please help me fix this pc unit

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: acer aspire m1620 no display
    « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 10:12:37 PM »
    This sounds like possible video card failure, but lets continue:

You said you have already disconnected and reconnected (our word for this: re-seating) the RAM and other hardware.
    Is the video card a detachable card? Have you attempted to reseat this as well?

It might seem simple, but you might also check the connection on the back of the monitor itself. Often, the cable for the video or the power to the monitor might come loose.
    Do other monitors work on this computer? If you have an extra monitor, it would be well worth the effort to see if the problem might be specific to the monitor rather than the computer/graphics card.

Let us know! Looking forward to hearing from you and assisting further if needed.

wagpofafi

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 09:58:22 PM »
      sorry for the late reply, i forgot to add, that this one is already using its on board VGA.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 11:48:14 PM »
      Good evening

If you are having issue with the onboard video

#1... Have you try another monitor ( just for testing )

#2... Have you tried updating the video drivers

#3.. On the plus side for your PC if the onboard video is bad a PCI-x video card are very reasonably priced from about 40.00 on up.

But just as suggested in the other posts i would try a different monitor. Maybe from a second PC or a friend my let you barrow one.

Please come back and let us know how you make out. Mike   
      Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?