Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blue Screen and Restart  (Read 3021 times)

suzieq922

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Blue Screen and Restart
    « on: August 01, 2012, 09:28:48 AM »
    Turned on my computer and Norton antivirus update showed up.  Haven't used Norton in quite a while but did in the past.  Hit cancel and went to control panel to remove software.  Removed Live update. Got error message "problem due to recent hardwar/software issues.Computer restarts itself every 5 to 15 minites continually.  Went to recycle bin and restored symantec.  Still restarting.  Went to restore points after booting up in "last known good configuration". Restore points only let me go back in month of July, no earlier.  After 8 attempts restore point on July 10th was successful, however computer still just flashes blue screen error message for a split second before restarting itself after 2 to 3 minutes each time.  Can't get to a point where I can do anything. Please help.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Blue Screen and Restart
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:29:41 AM »
    Download BlueScreenView:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
    unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
    when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
    Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
    Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Blue Screen and Restart
    « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:38:02 AM »
    1.  Removed Live update. Got error message "problem due to recent hardwar/software issues.Computer restarts itself every 5 to 15 minites continually. 
    2.  Went to recycle bin and restored symantec.  Still restarting. 
    3.  Went to restore points after booting up in "last known good configuration". Restore points only let me go back in month of July, no earlier. 
    1.  How exactly did you remove it?  Uninstall or delete folders?
    2.  If you uninstalled it, there is nothing in the recycle bin to restore.
    3.  If you didn't create a restore point, don't expect to find a more recent one.

NAV Live Update is nothing but problems.  In order to completely remove NAV, you need to run NAV removal tool.
    https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us&product=home&pvid=f-home&version=1&lg=english&ct=us

You cannot have more than 1 anti-virus installed at a time.