Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: random sounds playing with nothing open  (Read 10749 times)

southtownbaby

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    random sounds playing with nothing open
    « on: August 04, 2012, 10:11:02 AM »
    My computer keeps playing random sound clips with nothing that I can find open playing them. I ran the task manager and there is nothing that I can tell shouldn't be running under the processes. Has anyone ran into this before? It isn't consistent in when it plays... it might go hours with nothing and then an hour of back to back clips or just one randomly. It has been playing things like old video game music, an ad that says "free game jungle dot com!" and a few other sound effects. Malwarebytes hasn't found anything.

Any help on where to look would be appreciated.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: random sounds playing with nothing open
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 11:09:39 AM »
    Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs:
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

grey3

• Experience: Expert
      Re: random sounds playing with nothing open
      « Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 12:43:31 AM »
      I had something similar happening to some clients, one person had a cat meow, another a dog bark, along with many other random sounds.  It took a while to figure out I ran, eset, spybot, malwarebytes and nothing found it.  But I ran some research and found that there was many forms of this happening with all different solutions the one that worked for me was a folder that was created under the C:\Windows\Syswow32.  This folder is not supposed to be there and contained the files that were causing the random sounds.  I deleted that on all the computers that were having the issue and have not seen it since.  The one thing that all computers had in common was an email that they had sent around.  I have been closely monitoring the computers since with the mentioned AV solutions and have not seen a problem.  Hope this helps.